This is a great prompt. I was not going to stop moving today. I had shopping to do. I needed to finish decorating my house for Christmas. I needed to get ready for tonight’s Christmas party. I needed to wrap presents. Today I was inspired to stop, SIT, and reflect on 2012. As the year draws to a close, here are my choices for 2012’s time capsule:
1. A copy of The Hunger Games – because when our mother/daughter book club read it, I could not put it down – because I was filled with anticipation for the opening of this movie. I am not putting the DVD into the capsule. Just the book. Get it?
2.50/50 the DVD. A movie so totally real to me, I was captivated. More here.
3. My running bibs. I ran more road races this year than ever before! Proud moment. (I don’t really race. I just run.)
4. A copy of my post : A James Joyce Moment. So people know a little about how much I love and miss my father.
5. Yeup. A copy of 5o Shades of Grey. I know. I know. It just needs to be remembered.
6. Milton’s 350th birthday commemorative mug. Go Wildcats!
7. A copy of The Prophet by Khalil Gibran– because it should be in every year’s time capsule.
8. A copy of my post me. thoughts at 2am. Just in case anyone wants to know a bit more about me.
9. Teddy. My fifth “child.” However, this would never happen because Chad would never give Teddy up to a time capsule. So, I guess maybe a photo would suffice. I’ll put photos of the other 4 in too, so people know what the most important part of my life is.
10. The Playbill from Charlie Chaplin, The Musical. A proud moment for the McDonald family…
11. Homeland. Anything Homeland. Because every Sunday at 9:57 pm I plant myself in front of the television.
Grab a piece of paper and jot down what you would put in your time capsule. You will enjoy the moment!